Starting An Online Business With This Basic Model
|October 15, 2011||Posted by Louise under Online Business Ideas|
If you followed my advice on Find A Niche, you should now have chosen your business niche. You are almost ready to start building your site or blog. But before you reach for that mouse, you need to consider the very basic elements of any successful online business. Below is the basic model for starting an online business that you need to consider as you plan, build, and grow. Everything you do from this point on will fall into one or more sections of this model.
Starting An Online Business Model
Just as seeds need soil, water and sun to grow into a plant, your business needs certain basic elements to flourish. Successful online businesses today follow the above model and apply all 3 basic elements. Every plan, strategy and action you will apply from this point on will fall into one or more of the three different sections displayed above.
Let’s Breakdown The Model
1) Your Site: This is your seed, your headquarters, where anyone can find you and your solutions and from where everything will grow. This is where you will drive all of your traffic to, and where you will begin building relationships with your market. Here’s a quick list of what you will likely include on your site:
- All of your quality content on your niche. This content will provide real solutions and engage your visitors
- Solutions in the form of helpful freebies, products, and/or services
- Sales pages
- Optins where visitors can sign-up to receive future communications from you
- A place that encourages visits, exploration, discussions, comments, and communication – real relationship building stuff
2) Conversions: This is the fruit of your labor. It includes any action you want your audience to take on your site. Measuring this may be a little tricky and may involve analytics tools like Google Analytics (yet another aspect of online marketing we need to learn). What kind of actions would you want people to take?
- Leave comments
- explore other pages
- optin to your newsletter
- download a document
- or purchase a solution
Whatever your intention, if the visitor follows through, in my eyes that’s a conversion success story. Getting your visitors to take action is the central driving part of your whole business. So, you need to plan for conversions. Start by offering a freebie in exchange for their email address. If you’re not ready to offer products, you can start building relationships by encouraging readers to comment and replying if they do. Another easier option is to offer a quality affiliate product that’s consistent with your niche. I will talk more about this later.
3)Traffic: With some conversion plans in place, your site ready with mouth-watering content, and a market-friendly design, you can unlock the doors and light the Open sign. You are open to the public. But how do you get it to notice you, visit your place of business, and discover how awesome you are? Online options to accomplish this abound. The most common involve:
- backlinking from niche-related quality sites (nrqs)
- leaving comments on nrqs and forums
- article marketing
- and posting on (you guessed it) nrqs
There you have it: the grand-pappy of online business models.
Starting an online business with this model in mind will guide your efforts and your success. It will keep you focused and on track. Without the model’s 3 elements, your online business may not be able to germinate and grow into its full wonderful potential.
So, do you have any questions, possibly something to add? Additional traffic techniques perhaps. Let’s talk! Leave a comment. BTW – I appreciate all of your comments & this is a DoFollow website!
Keep moving forward…