The Before You Outsource SEO Checklist
|October 22, 2012||Posted by Guest Author under SEO Strategy|
Guest post by Nauman Lodhi
SEO — To Outsource or Not?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a science for positioning websites high in web search results. It takes time and is often frustrating for working entrepreneurs.
Can you do SEO yourself?
Yes, you can as long as you are aware of the search engine updates.
Anyone, a newbie or an experienced SEO expert, looking to optimize a website for search engines should be knowledgeable of the latest (algorithm) changes carried out by the search companies.
You can realize the importance of keeping yourself updated in SEO by the statement of Matt Cutts, head of Google Webspam team, in which he hints that Google releases more than 500 algorithm changes a year.
If you are focusing on old techniques and constantly ignoring basics of SEO, you may harm your chances of ranking well with searches and getting subsequent organic traffic.
So, if you are thinking of optimizing your website yourself, you need to take it serious and learn the basics of Search Engine Optimization. If instead you use old-hat ranking tricks, you run the risk of being labelled as a spammy site by Google and may not even appear at all in search engine ranks. It could also deplete your business’s credibility and good-will on the internet.
So, a sincere advice to you – stay updated and be careful when doing SEO yourself.
On the other hand, if you do not feel like conducting your business’s SEO yourself because it’s too time consuming and finicky, then you might consider outsourcing it.
How to outsource SEO?
There are number of SEO strategists, consultants, and self-professed experts in the market. providing Search Engine Optimization services. You can hire them for your SEO work.
While you outsource a website work beware of unscrupulous SEO strategists, consultants and self-professed experts. These non-professional service providers can wreak havoc to your business and reputation.
You can go to credible web sites like Elance, Odesk and Freelancer to find experts or you can ask your peers for references. But before you do, make sure to follow this checklist.
Outsourcing SEO checklist:
While outsourcing SEO work, you should determine some essential requirements that must be fulfilled by the company or individual you are going to work with. These essentials are mentioned below for your understanding:
- Get good understanding of the competitive analysis of your keywords
- Check and verify experience, credentials of service provider you are hiring
- Check and verify the customers feedback of service provider you are hiring
- Check and verify the work proficiency by giving a test task
- Tightly monitor the SEO work process and work progress
- Always check the work report that displays what your SEO expert is working on
- Understand what is Alexa Rank, Google Page Rank and other similar terms to monitor the effects of the SEO work on your site.
- You must ask the outsourcing service providers about their techniques. The more diverse they are in using SEO techniques, the better it is
- Discuss which on-site changes they are suggesting for your web site. For a basic on-site analysis of your web site go to this web site: http://www.freeseoscorecard.com
- Keep on updating yourself with the latest changes in SEO world. It will greatly help you to manage your SEO outsourcing
Author Bio: Nauman Lodhi works in an SEO firm Sorcim Technologies. You can contact him through his Google Plus Profile here: Nauman Lodhi G+. He is also fond of gaming and loves Minecraft game. Here is his site which helps game players avoid Minecraft Lag and play game efficiently.